Aartemis.com is a search engine which has its own toolbar that can be attached to your browser and used to make your Internet searches. This extension seems to be a useful application in case that you want to shop online. However, as this is an advertising platform, it also turns out to take full control over your online traffic and redirect you to third-party web sites with suspicious reputation and intentions. This may result in finding your PC attacked by hackers. Because of this, it is recommended that you do not keep Aartemis.com add-on installed on your computer and you do not use its services. Instead, remove the toolbar completely and check your system with a reliable AV program to be sure that it is not infected with malicious viruses.
What does Aartemis.com hijacker do?
Aartemis.com toolbar is categorized by security specialists as a potentially unwanted program. This add-on is mainly spread as an attachment to freeware software. If you download an application from an unknown web site which may be unreliable, Aartemis.com hijacker can be also transferred to your PC without being expected. Once inside your system, Aartemis.com adware attaches itself to browser like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It makes itself your default search provider and also sets the user's home page to its own site. As a result, you are unable to use a different search engine from this one. Aartemis.com displays pop-up advertisements while you are browsing the net. They are all aimed at promoting products offered by third-party web pages. In case that you click on a link displayed in some f these notifications, you will be immediately redirected to the web site which stays behind the message. Although Aartemis.com is created with the only aim of improving your online searches and informing you about deals and coupons on online shops, it turns out that the services provided by this add-on can pose a risk to your system.
Is Aartemis.com add-on harmful?
The problem with Aartemis.com hijacker is that it does not only change the settings of your browser, but it also takes you to pages the reputation of which is not checked. As cyber criminals often use compromised web pages to spread their malicious viruses, if you are taken to a site aimed at infecting your PC, it will be easy for hackers to infiltrate malware, spyware, keyloggers and other viruses into your computer. You should never allow hackers to penetrate into your computer, because if this happens, they will be able to steal your sensitive information. Any passwords and login information you use for your online registrations or any financial details you use can be gathered and sent to cyber criminals without your knowledge and permission. All of this may be a result of the unexpected redirects made by Aartemis.com to third-party web pages.
How to remove Aartemis.com hijacker?
In order to clean your system and uninstall Aartemis.com toolbar from your PC, you need a reliable removal guide. Below you will find the steps you need to delete the extension from your browser in an effective way. It is important to check your whole system with a genuine and effective security application. We recommend using SpyHunter. It is a reliable automatic malware detection tool which will successfully find and remove any system threats and compromised files without posing any risk to your PC and information.
Choose a guide appropriate to your browser and follow its steps to delete Aartemis.com hijacker and clean your PC from system intruders:
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+A and open the Add-ons Manager tab.
2. Open the tab Extensions and delete the unwanted add-ons.
3. Press Alt+T and open Options.
4. Open the General tab, type a new home page and click OK.
5. In the Search box, click on the icon.
6. Open Manage search engines, delete the engines you do not want to use and set a reliable provider.
7. Click OK.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Press Alt+X and open Manage add-ons.
2. Open Toolbars and Extensions and stop the add-ons you do not want to use.
3. Under Search Providers, delete the engines you do not want to use.
4. Press Alt + X and go to Internet Options. Under General, type the site you want to use as your home page.
5. Click OK to save the changes.
For Google Chrome:
1. Press Alt+F, open Extensions and delete any unwanted extensions.
2. Under Settings, go to On Startup and choose “Open a page or a set of pages”.
3. Open Set pages and delete your current home page. Type your new home page and click OK.
4. Go to the Search tab and open Manage add-ons.
5. Delete the search engine you do not want to use and enter a reliable one.
6. Click Done.
7. Restart the browser.