Snap.do toolbar is reported by security specialists to be a browser hijacker. Although this program is not a computer infection, its services cause unexpected redirects to third-party web sites. Despite the fact that this adware wants to help you with your online shopping, it also takes you to sites with unknown intentions and reputation. In case that you happen to be redirected to a page aimed at compromising your PC, you may become a victim of identity and money theft. Computer experts warn that the problems that can be caused by the presence of Snap.do hijacker are really serious and this is why you have to delete the potentially unwanted program as soon as you can to avoid these fatal consequences.
How is Snap.do toolbar installed on computers?
Snap.do toolbar is a program associated with the search provider search.snap.do. It can be downloaded directly to your PC from its official web site. Also, it can be downloaded to PCs without the knowledge of the user. If this add-on is transferred to your PC, it will be immediately attached to your browser. The extension can be installed on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
What does Snap.do hijacker do after the installation?
Snap.do hijacker modifies the settings of your browser. The add-on makes search.snap.do the new home page of the user. Also, the potentially unwanted program starts providing its search services and makes itself the default search provider on the PC. After all these modifications have been made, the user is unable to use a search provider different from search.snap.do. The extension is responsible for all your Internet searches. As a result, you are unable to use an engine different from Snap.do. The tool displays search results which do not contain only reliable web links. They also contain suspicious web links that can take you to third-party web sites with unknown intentions. It is even possible that some of these pages are powered by hackers and created to spread computer viruses and infections.
Is Snap.do hijacker dangerous?
Never allow cyber criminals to gain access to your PC. In case that you have Snap.do hijacker or any other potentially unwanted program installed on your computer, you have to know that your computer and information are at risk and cyber criminals may manage to steal your personal details and money at any moment. When Snap.do hijacker is present on your computer, due to its redirects to untrusted sites your system may be compromised. This is why it is recommended that you do not keep this application on your computer. Instead, remove it completely and without leaving any traces of it on the PC.
How to remove Snap.do?
To get rid of Snap.do and stop using its services, you need to use the steps of a reliable removal guide prepared to suit your browser. You also need to use a reliable AV program to check your system for infected files. We recommend using SpyHunter to detect any system threats and delete all of them completely. Choose a suitable guide to your browser and follow its steps in order to remove Snap.do toolbar:
To uninstall the hijacker from your PC:
1. Go to the Start menu and open the Control Panel, then go to Uninstall a Program. If you are using Windows 8, right-click on the bottom left corner and then go to the Control Panel and select Uninstall a Program.
2. Find the hijacker in the list with installed programs and remove it from your PC.
For Internet Explorer:
1. Click on the Settings icon at the top right corner and choose Internet Options.
2. Under "Advanced" click Reset.
3. Under "Reset Internet Explorer settings" click Reset.
4. After the process has finished, click Close and then OK.
5. Close the browser.
For Google Chrome:
1. Open the Google Chrome menu icon, go to Tools and choose Extensions.
2. In the list with Extensions displayed, find the potentially unwanted program and delete it by clicking on the Recycle Bin icon.
3. Open the Google Chrome menu icon, go to Settings and under Search go to Manage Search Engines.
4. From the list with search providers displayed, click on a reliable engine and click "Make Default" to make it your default search engine.
5. Find the potentially unwanted program in the list with search engines and click on the X sign next to it to delete it.
6. Open the Google Chrome menu icon, go to Settings and under On startup tick the option "Open the New Tab page".
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. At the top left corner of the browser, click on the Firefox drop-down menu.
2. Go to Help and from the menu displayed choose Troubleshooting Information.
3. Click on Reset Firefox.
4. In the confirmation box, again click Reset Firefox.
5. After you see an information window, click Finish.
Clean your system with a reliable AV program:
1. Download SpyHunter to your computer and then install it.
2. Run a full scan of your system with this security program.
3. If you see any threats or computer viruses in the final results, remove all of them completely with the automatic malware detection tool.
4. Continue using SpyHunter and run regular scans of your system with it to stop potential attacks of hackers on time.