Do searches hijacker is reported to look like a reliable search provider, but security experts say that the services provided by this toolbar can pose a serious risk to your computer and information. The fact that this add-on is connected to third-party web sites shows that it can redirect Internet searches to insecure pages with unknown reputation. This is why computer specialists describe this toolbar as a potentially unwanted program and advise you not to keep it on your computer. Also, it is important to check for other infections that may have been infiltrated into the system.
How is Do searches toolbar installed on PCs?
Do searches is available for download at dosearches.com. If you want to have this toolbar on your computer and use its services, you can download it from this page. However, as it is not recommended to use this potentially unwanted program, it is better for you not to download it to your computer at all. At the same time, Do searches browser extension can be also transferred to your PC bundled with freeware software. In case that you download programs from unknown pages or unreliable sources, some of these applications may be transferred to your system not alone, but together with Do searches toolbar as an additional installation file. In this case, the new add-on will be immediately installed on your browser during the installation of the main program you want to download to your computer.
How does Do searches toolbar work?
Do searches adware can be installed on the browsers Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Then, it makes its web site dosearches.com the new home page of the user. Also, this is made the default search provider and all Internet searches are made with its help. These changes may turn out to be not only annoying, but also risky, because the new search engine will start redirecting all your online searches to third-party web pages with unknown reputation. Thus you may be taken to sites which are compromised or aimed at infecting your PC and stealing your money and sensitive information.
collect your IP address,referral data,and browser and platform type. You do not have to register with us before we can collect this anonymous information.
This is worrying as it turns out that this add-on can collect your details without your knowledge and without notifying you. Because of this, it is advised that you remove Do searches toolbar from your computer as soon as possible, before your sensitive information has been disclosed to malicious third-parties.
How to remove Do searches toolbar?
To delete Do searches toolbar completely from your computer, it is recommended that you use a reliable removal guide. When you find a guide which is suitable to your browser, you have to follow its steps precisely to uninstall the toolbar successfully. Also, it is really important to scan your system for infected files and computer intruders. This has to be done with the help of a reliable automatic security application. We recommend using SpyHunter to find any intruders and delete all of them completely.
Choose an appropriate guide according to the browser you have on your PC and apply it to remove Do searches toolbar:
Remove Do searches from your computer:
1. Go to Windows Start Menu and open the Control Panel.
2. Choose Uninstall a Program or Add and remove a program (according to your operating system).
3. Find the hijacker in the list with currently installed programs, click on it and then click on Uninstall/Remove the program.
After you have uninstalled the potentially unwanted program from your computer, you may still need to make some modifications to the settings of your browser in order to remove the hijacker and stop using its services completely.
Remove Do searches from Google Chrome:
1. Click on the wrench icon and go to Tools, then choose Extensions.
2. Find the extension in the list with installed add-ons and click on the recycle bin icon to delete it.
3. Click on the menu in the upper right corner and go to Settings.
4. Under Appearance put a tick next to “ Show Home button” and click Change.
5. Choose the option “Use the New Tab page" and then save the modifications.
6. Open Settings and then click on “Manage Search Engines”.
7. Find the unwanted search provider and click on the X sign to delete it.
8. Set a new reliable search engine.
Remove Do searches from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+A and go to Extensions and Plugin.
2. Search for the add-on and then remove it.
3. Type about:config in the search bar and press Enter.
4. A warning is displayed, choose “I’ll be careful, I promise!” on it.
5. Type the name of the hijacker in the search box and press Enter.
6. Find the entries where the hijacker is included, mark them and choose the option Reset for them.
Remove Do searches from Internet Explorer:
1. Click on Tools and go to Manage add-ons.
2. Go to the Toolbars and Extensions tab and search for the hijacker.
3. When found, delete it from the list.
4. Click on Tools, go to "Add-on types” and open Search Providers. Choose your new default engine and select “Set as default”.
It is important to check your computer with a reliable AV program to delete system treats:
1. Download SpyHunter to your PC.
2. Install the automatic malware detection tool.
3. Run a scan of your system to detect viruses and intruders.
4. If there are any threats found, delete all of them completely.