Nationzoom.com is a web site on which you can search for images, videos and news. It seems to be a reliable search provider, but security specialists report it to redirect its users to unknown web sites. This can turn into a serious security problem as the user can be taken to compromised pages or sites with malicious intentions and this may lead to computer infections and loss of the user's personal and financial details. To avoid these serious problems, it is recommended that you remove the potentially unwanted program Nationzoom.com from your PC.
How is Nationzoom.com hijacker downloaded to your PC?
To gain access to your computer, the toolbar associated with Nationzoom.com can be downloaded directly from its web site. Also, it can be transferred to your PC together with other programs, in case that you download them from insecure sources or web pages with unknown reputation. If you see Nationzoom.com add-on attached to your browser, but you do not remember having downloaded it to your computer yourself, probably the potentially unwanted program has been transferred in the way described above.
As soon as Nationzoom.com toolbar is added to your browser, it will change the settings of your browser and will make itself your default search engine. Moreover, you will see Nationzoom.com as your home page always when you open your browser. Although these changes may not seem important, they pose a serious risk to your security as they may take your browsing sessions to unknown web sites and pages that hide viruses and scamware applications. Then, infections can be transferred to your PC and your whole computer may be controlled by hackers. Never allow cyber criminals to penetrate into your PC and steal your personal or financial details. What has to be done in this situation is to remove Nationzoom.com hijacker completely from your machine.
How to remove Nationzoom.com adware?
To get rid of Nationzoom.com hijacker completely, you need a detailed removal guide which suits your browser. Also, you have to check your system for infiltrated viruses and delete any infections completely. This is recommended to be done with the help of the automatic malware detection tool SpyHunter.
Follow the steps of the appropriate guide to delete the hijacker Nationzoom.com successfully:
Remove the hijacker from your computer:
1. Go to Windows Start Menu and open the Control Panel.
2. Choose Uninstall a Program or Add and remove a program (according to your operating system).
3. Find the hijacker in the list with currently installed programs, click on it and then click on Uninstall/Remove the program.
After you have uninstalled the potentially unwanted program from your computer, you may still need to make some modifications to the settings of your browser in order to remove the hijacker and stop using its services completely.
Remove from Google Chrome:
1. Click on the wrench icon and go to Tools, then choose Extensions.
2. Find the extension in the list with installed add-ons and click on the recycle bin icon to delete it.
3. Click on the menu in the upper right corner and go to Settings.
4. Under Appearance put a tick next to “ Show Home button” and click Change.
5. Choose the option “Use the New Tab page" and then save the modifications.
6. Open Settings and then click on “Manage Search Engines”.
7. Find the unwanted search provider and click on the X sign to delete it.
8. Set a new reliable search engine.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+A and go to Extensions and Plugin.
2. Search for the add-on and then remove it.
3. Type about:config in the search bar and press Enter.
4. A warning is displayed, choose “I’ll be careful, I promise!” on it.
5. Type the name of the hijacker in the search box and press Enter.
6. Find the entries where the hijacker is included, mark them and choose the option Reset for them.
Remove from Internet Explorer:
1. Click on Tools and go to Manage add-ons.
2. Go to the Toolbars and Extensions tab and search for the hijacker.
3. When found, delete it from the list.
4. Click on Tools, go to "Add-on types” and open Search Providers. Choose your new default engine and select “Set as default”.
It is important to check your computer with a reliable AV program to delete system treats:
1. Download SpyHunter to your PC.
2. Install the automatic malware detection tool.
3. Run a scan of your system to detect viruses and intruders.
4. If there are any threats found, delete all of them completely.